Virtual Professional Development and Curriculum Innovation for teachers and school leaders are delivered via video-conference and phone calls. Available services include: leadership meetings, master classes, online coaching, product development, curriculum review and mapping database support.
Contact us to discuss your school needs and interests.
Personalized Leadership Consulting and Strategic Planning
We offer personalized leadership consulting, organizational development and curriculum program planning to schools and districts interested in innovative educational best practices. We work with administrators to identify, assess and transform current teaching and learning by providing the skills and knowledge needed to prepare learners for the modern world.
• Curriculum Mapping ‐ The First Step for School/Network Leadership Teams
• Steps to Successful Curriculum Mapping Implementation
• Beginning Conversations on Curriculum Alignment to Standards and the Revision Process
• Learning To Use Software to Generate Authentic Curriculum Data
• Professional Learning Communities
• Sustaining Curriculum Mapping
• Staying Globally Competitive in the 21st Century
Live Group Sessions on Select Topics for Teachers and Administrators
Our live group sessions cover instructional topics relevant to contemporary schooling and curriculum change. All sessions includes: pre‐session consultation, session planning and preparation, day of session set up and final consultation, end of session evaluation, exit interview, and post‐session consultation to assess effectiveness and plan future work.
• Organizing Curriculum into Functional Units
• What Are Essential Questions (EQs) and How They Connect to Standards
• Unpacking and Mapping to the Common Core and New York State Standards
• Improving Curriculum through Understanding by Design (UbD)
• Assessments That Truly Enhance Learning
• Using Technology to Upgrade Curriculum
• Effective Use of the Reports Feature of Curriculum Mapping
Curriculum Innovation Coaching with Teachers and Instructional Designers
We work 1-on-1 or with small groups to reinforce the role of standards, intended outcomes and developing a year-long context for unit plans, with a focus on internal and horizontal alignment. We help designers understand the attributes of quality curriculum and develop units and programs of study that address organizational requirements and meet the needs of students.
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Product Development
We support leadership and instructional designs teams by developing curricular frameworks and instructional materials. Development can include: yearlong context maps, alignment to priority and supporting standards, enduring understandings, essential questions, content and skills, and/ or proficiency scales for prioritized standards. We also design units and assessments and conduct curriculum data analysis.
Curriculum Review and Feedback within the Rubicon Atlas Curriculum Database
Rubicon Atlas is a curriculum mapping software that allows for an educational institution's curriculum to be shared, analyzed and refined by a team of educators through an online platform. We help teams improve their databases by reviewing content for quality and continuity. We can also upgrade curriculum maps, standards, assessments and learning activities.